Understanding Our Customers
So that we can provide a better service, we want to understand how clients select the products and services they ultimately buy, which apps and technology customers prefer to use, and how successful our advertising and promotional campaigns have been.
Data gathered by this website
We gather and use certain information about individuals who use this website. We use this information to provide products and services; to enable certain website functions; to better understand how visitors use this website; and to present timely and relevant information to visitors. We may collect the following information:
Website usage data
Data you send to us via this website
This website may collect the following information via its contact and enquiry form features (use of these features is at your own discretion):
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address, address and telephone number(s)
- The name and website address of your company
- Other written information related to your enquiry that you provide
Information you give us when you:
- Place an enquiry or order over the phone
- Place an enquiry or order online
How do we use the information we collect?
We may use the information provided by you in a variety of ways, including:
- To answer your questions or provide you with information you have requested
- To process your order or manage your account
- To help with any questions if you have started an order but not completed it
- To keep track of sales and enquires
- To contact you for views on our products and services
- For market research purposes, by tracking activity on our site or over the phone (on an anonymous basis) to identify trends and/or improve usefulness and content
- To notify you about important changes to our site or service and to send you marketing and promotional material: by post, phone, SMS or emails - about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you. We value our relationship, so we do our best to only send you information we think may be of interest to you
- To contact you via email or telephone for market research purposes
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- For our own internal records
- Social media: If you interact with Kishorn Insulations Limited through social media we may use your information to help us communicate
- Comply with legal obligations: This might include providing information to HMRC, preventing fraud, money laundering and doing what our Regulators require. We only do this where strictly necessary to comply with these legal obligations.
Disclosing Your Information
- Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
We will not share your personal information with or sell it to third-party marketers. We may use the following third-party service providers named below to process and store your data:
Credit Reference Agencies
If you want to open an account with us, we’ll perform credit and identity checks on you with a credit reference agency (‘CRA’). To do this, we’ll supply your personal information to the CRA and they’ll give us information about you. This will include information from your credit application and about your financial situation and history. The CRA will supply us with public data (including the electoral register) as well as shared credit, financial situation, financial history and fraud prevention information. We’ll use this information to:
- assess your creditworthiness and whether you can afford to have an account with us
- verify the accuracy of the data you’ve provided
- prevent criminal activity, fraud and money laundering
- manage your account(s)
- trace and recover debts
- make sure any offers provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances
We may continue to exchange information about you with CRAs while you have a relationship with us. This information may be supplied to other organisations by the CRA. When the CRA receive a search from us they’ll place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. The identities of the CRA, their role as fraud prevention agencies, the data they hold, the ways in which they use and share personal information, data retention periods and your data protection rights with CRA are explained in detail at www.experian.co.uk/crain CRAIN is also accessible from the CRA that we use — visiting the link below will take you to the same CRAIN document: Experian www.experian.co.uk/crain Failure to pay any invoice(s) from Kishorn Insulations Limited may result in your details being passed to a 3rd party organisation, such as a debt collection agency. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018).
Unpaid and/or Disputed Accounts
In the event of an unpaid account or disputed account, we will instruct our appointed debt recovery agents/solicitors to proceed with the necessary course of action to retrieve any monies due to our Company without prior consent from the customer. Only information held that is relevant to the matter in hand will be passed to our appointed third party agents
Automated Information: Cookies
- Record website usage data
- Identify whether you are signed into our website
- Test content on our website
- Store information about your preferences
- Recognise when you return to our website
Links to external websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. We have no control of websites outside of (our website address). We are not responsible for the content of other websites, or for the protection or privacy of data you submit to them. We only retain your information for a limited period in order to respond to your query, provide you with the information you require or to send you updated on our products and services for as long as you indicate that you are happy for us to do so.
How your information is protected
We take the protection of your information seriously and have appropriate physical and technological security measures in place to keep it safe. Internally we restrict access to personal information. Only employees who need the information in order to do their jobs have access to it. Your information will be stored in Europe and will not be transferred to any other location.
- We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We never store your payment card details. We reveal only the last ﬁve digits of your payment card numbers when conﬁrming an order. We are required to transmit the entire card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- When you order goods from Kishorn Insulations Limited, via the website or over the phone, we will ask for your marketing preferences as we would like to send you information about other products and services that may be of interest.
Data Protection Officer
Kishorn Insulations has appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure we protect the personal data of our customers (and others) and comply with data protection legislation.
If you have any questions about how Kishorn Insulations uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer by
- phone: 01520 733216;
- e-mail: email@example.com
- write to: Data Protection Officer, Kishorn Insulations Limited, Achandoilach House, Ardoch, Kishorn IV54 8XA
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
This policy was last updated in January 2020